Assistant Plant Operator
IMG Energy Services (IMGES) operates and maintains power generation facilities throughout the northeast and southwest regions of Pennsylvania. These facilities consist of natural gas fired reciprocating engines driving generators or photovoltaic solar to produce electrical power. IMG Energy Services remote operations center is in Pittsburgh, PA. All facilities under IMGES control are remotely operated from this location. This position will work out of the IMGES Pittsburgh Remote Operations Center located near the on the Northshore of Pittsburgh.
- Under direction of Manager, Operations perform the following:
- Coordinate unit availability, outage schedules, unit startup and shutdown times, and communicate all necessary information to IMGES operations team, transmission operators and energy management agency.
- Coordinate unit start up and shutdown evolutions as directed by energy management agency or IMGES operations team.
- Monitor and analyze operating data. Follow standard operating procedures and make appropriate notifications on abnormal engine and plant conditions.
- Alert IMGES operations team of abnormal conditions at the facilities and dispatch on call technicians to the site as needed.
- Follow established safety and operating procedures.
- Communicate with outside entities during troubleshooting evolutions and relay information to IMGES technicians to support quick resolution of unit outages
- Assist with lockout/tagout activities
- Work rotating 12 hours shifts to support dispatch operations or planned and forced maintenance activities.
- Maintain accurate event logs and data logs. Generate and submit reports on generation, safety and availability as directed by IMGES management.
- Assist in maintenance activities under the guidance of the senior technicians in the field on an as needed basis
- Perform other shift duties as assigned by IMGES management
- The successful candidate will have:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Basic understanding of computer networks and communication devices.
- Ability to follow written procedures and directions.
- Commitment to safety and environmental compliance.
- Ability to work well independently or as an integral team member.
- Ability to work extended hours on short notice when required.
The starting hourly rate for this position is $21.18 with the potential for pay increases through a qualification process.